About Me

My photo
Behind Every Cloud is a Kindred Spirit (BECKS)I lost my grandfather when I was 17. I had a VERY difficult time getting over it. How could I still communicate with him? I loved him so much I didn't think I could live without him. I read everything I could get my hands on to do with the "afterlife" and that started it all...the love of Ghost Hunting and the Paranormal. I have been researching the paranormal for over 37 years!! It is my way of staying in touch with my grandfather. Being a Ghost Hunter is not always as exciting as it seems on TV. Many nights I have sat in the dark and not a thing happened. BUT it is those times you DO get that one voice, that one explainable picture or have an experience that sends chills down your back that makes it sooo worth it all!!! My purpose of this blog is not to make people believe in ghosts but maybe to open their minds just a little bit... I LOVE this crazy thing called Ghost Hunting. It is as much a part of me as breathing. I am just a girl that refuses to accept we can't still contact our loved ones after they die. My grandfather won't let me.



Well it's time of year that ALL parents have been waiting on.........SCHOOL STARTS!!!! Yes.  The kids get back in school and Mom and Dad are soooooo happy.......early bedtime again!!!!!!!!

I thought I would write a quick ghost story about a haunted school here in Dallas in honor of the school season.  I have not personally gotten to investigate a school but I would love to!!!!

First, North Dallas, in the Oak Lawn area of Dallas, was one of the city's first high schools.  And part of its history involves ghosts.  More than one spirit reportedly roams its hallways after dark-a little girl in a blue dress who drowned in the old school pool over thirty years ago, a solider who died in
one of the wars, and an assortment of other presences who remain unidentified.

Ok...here is an account by Jason Thomas, an assistant baseball coach several years ago....

The head coach and I were in the team's locker room late in the afternoon, preparing for the upcoming season.  It was about three days shy of Christmas, and we were the only two people in the building.
   The lights were off in the rest of the building, and if we ventured into the main building from the locker room, the alarm would be set off, bringing the Dallas police to the school within minutes.  In addition to the alarm system, the locker-room door was secured with a padlock.  Nobody but us was going to get into that room that day.
   We were moving equipment around and discussing plans for the baseball season when the "secure" locker-room door creaked open.  And it was a way-over-the-top creak, the kind you hear in a scary movie.  But no one was there.  For the life of me, I don't know how a padlocked door could have been opened!
   A few minutes after that, the head coach decided we should go out to the parking lot.  His wife was driving up to meet us for dinner, and we figured it would be nice if we were waiting out back when she got there.
   As we passed the shower room, we heard a very faint yet rapid tapping on something metal-a peculiar sound we'd never there before.  Because the sort of stuff fascinates me, I walked into the shower room to investigate.  When I got to the center of the room, I was hit with the worst smell I've ever smelled in my life!  I turned around to discuss it with the head coach, but he was already hastily making his exit.
   Driven out by the terrible stench, I followed the coach outside.  Before long, his wife came and we headed off to dinner.  As we left the school grounds, we saw a blue light shining through the window of the second floor classroom.  We immediately dismissed it as a computer monitor left on by someone before Christmas break rolled around.  At the restaurant, we spent a while laughing off the whole experience and explaining it away before our conversation turned to baseball.
  On our return to the school, we saw something that left us shocked and confused.  The blue light we'd seen earlier at the back of the school had moved!!!  It was now floating in the third-floor stairwell on the buildings west side.  To our knowledge, there was no light bulb, computer, or even an electrical outlet in the third-floor stairwell.  I went back and confirmed this to be the case the next day.  We had a logical explanation for the blue light we'd seen earlier, but there was no way that a computer or anything else could have been plugged in on that third-floor landing.
  Did the blue light have anything to do with the little girl in the blue dress??? I still wonder, even though we'll never know.

So before you send the kids off to school......don't forget to send the sage!!!!!!!! LOL


No comments: